Who We Are
Brendan Lenihan – Managing Director
Background And Career Experiences
- Managing Director, Navigo Consulting and is a management consultant, Chartered Accountant, professional non-executive director and accredited mediator.
- Through his consultancy, Navigo Consulting, he provides strategic, financial and governance advice to clients in Ireland and the UK.
- A First Class Honours graduate of UCC (B. Comm 1990) and UCD (Diploma in Professional Accounting 1991). Qualifies as a Chartered Accountant in 1993. Acquired many consultancy skills, including expert level group facilitation during 30 year career. Awarded Professional Diploma in Corporate Governance from UCD Smurfit Business School 2017. Went on to graduate from the Honourable Society of the Kings Inns with an Advanced Diploma in Mediation and is an accredited member of the Mediators Institute of Ireland.
- Previously he was a Partner with Arthur Andersen, with whom he worked in New York and Dublin. Served as President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland in 2013-14 and for 8 years was the Group Finance Director of a multinational real estate company where he was responsible for hundreds of companies in 9 different legal jurisdictions.
- Trusted and experienced adviser to a large variety of clients from sizeable corporates to family businesses as well as individuals, charities and public bodies.
- Board Director of HSE (Health Service Executive, 2019 – 2023), and Bus Eireann, (State Owned Bus Transport operator in Ireland), chairing the Board Audit & Risk Committees on both Boards. Previously External member of CIE Group Board Audit & Risk Committee. CIE Group is a state transportation holding company whose group members provide rail and bus services in Ireland;
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Irish & International Trading Corporation PLC and Chair of Advisory Board of Regan Wall (leading law firm specialising in M&A);
- Member of the Investment Committee of Enterprise Ireland, a state agency tasked with developing indigenous businesses, especially in the manufacturing and traded international services area.
- External member of Audit & Risk Committee of the Dental Council of Ireland, the state regulator of Ireland’s dental profession.
- Previously Trustee and Chair of Audit & Risk Committee Pieta House, a charity providing prevention, intervention and bereavement services to those affected by suicide and self-harm.
- Chair of Board of Trustees of Good Shepherd Cork, a charity helping the homeless and vulnerable in Cork.
- Previously Group Finance Director of one of Ireland’s largest nursing home groups.
- Previously Non Executive Director of international body coordinating the accounting profession in Britain and Ireland (CCAB Ltd).
- Awarded a number of academic, civic and professional honours including Graduate of the Year (UCC), and Winner, Irish Times Debating Competition.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions or would like to engage our services, please contact us